Sunday, March 22, 2009

Taipei

The first night I was in Taipei I woke up at 3am and turned on the television, as I could not sleep. Excitingly I saw the draw for the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champion’s League. Unfortunately the writing was entirely in Chinese. I had no clue who was playing who. I settled in to watching one of four separate channels playing the world baseball classic. Eventually I fell back asleep, excited for my first full day in Taipei.
Our first day in Taipei was spent mainly walking around and eating. The food here is terrific. Last night we enjoyed the dumplings of a renowned restaurant. Nearly everything we were served was delicious. Yesterday, we also saw a shop that sold a variety of parts of geese, pigs and other animals. We only looked and did not actually eat, so I have not really eaten anything too odd.
We have seen many of the sights here so far: Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, Taipei 101, a night market and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall.
I will have to continue with more later, including many pictures when I have a more reliable internet connection.

1 comment:

  1. Am loving your blog, Laura! Say hello to your folks and give Maggie a hug for me. I'm anxious to hear about the wedding. Love to you all. aunt p

    ReplyDelete