Saturday, April 18, 2009

I have been quiet on the blog front for the last week or so. My life has been fairly uneventful: working, going on runs in the mucky trails and just generally keeping busy with all the little things in life. A couple of notables:

I learned to tie a purcell prusik to use as a versatile personal anchor system for climbing-- a cheaper, but more bulky system than buying a pre-made personal anchor system.

Last Saturday I finally made it down to Alyeska. There was a ton of new snow; however, the visibility and humidity made the skiing less than ideal. Despite it all, it was a fun afternoon, although I feel like I may have actually taken steps backwards in learning to telemark ski.

Also, I finished reading Per Petterson's Out Stealing Horses. I am not sure if I was particularly impressed with the story as much as the familiarity of Norwegian style of language. There is something about the simplistic and direct style with which most Norwegian novels are written that makes me nostalgic for my time there.

Tomorrow, I have a day off of work, so I hope to get up into the mountains some way or another. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment